Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spoke Too Soon

Jessica spent the day in bed yesterday not feeling well. That's what I get for bragging about how well she was doing!

Jessica did so well this weekend. The youth retreat, rehearsals, Dinner Theater, church Sunday, then shopping with friends even... And still was ok to go to school, but ended up with a bad headache Monday night. So, I was thinking she was doing good! But it hit yesterday (Wednesday). She was't even getting out of bed. She was weak, her throat hurt, and she kept coughing. She slept all morning. I brought lunch up to her, and she laid back down again. Jessica slept till after 3:00 but was finally upright early in the evening and made it downstairs to "her chair" to join us and watch tv. Even though she crashed, she said the weekend was worth it!

Today she's back in school and doing better.

2 comments:

dominique said...

Don't feel bad for bragging! We all brag about our good days because we understand that they can disappear in the blink of an eye!

I am so glad she got to do everything she wanted to. Sometimes the payback is worth it!

Laura (aka Mom) said...

Thanks Dominique! I guess I get caught up in the good days and hopeful. I believe it's good for her to do things she wants too even if she has to pay for it later - as long as she believes, as she did, that it was worth it!