Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday 8/29/08

Jessica didn't sleep well at all last night. I got a text from her at 10:30 saying she couldn't sleep. I also checked on her at 4:00a.m. She was awake, and her throat hurting. She didn't feel well today. She rested this morning, slept this afternoon. Her head's been hurting for two days. My parents came over, and said she looked like she did last spring when she wasn't doing well at all. My mom told her to go brush her teeth to get ready for class and talk to God and see what she felt like doing. Jessica came halfway back downstairs, sat on the stairs frustrated, and said "I don't know what to do." She didn't feel good, but doesn't want to miss school. She tried. My parents sent her back to bed. When it was time for her second class, my mom tried to wake her to see if she could make it for that one, but Jessica was unresponsive. My mom had to get her ear close to hear her one word answer. We may have to do something else about school. Use the homebound teacher (for both or one class)? Or homeschool? She missed a History quiz today. She's missed 3-1/2 days in the first 2 weeks of school.

This is the start of Labor Day Weekend. Matthew got up this morning asking about going camping or going somewhere. When we told him that Jessica probably wasn't up to it, he was sad. Though he loves her and has been so helpful and understanding for the past eight months, he wants to do something. He wants to go somewhere. And he should. (He's 11.) It's understandable. How do we make sure we're keeping a good balance?

0 comments: