Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday 4/25/08

We tried to get Jessica up this morning, but couldn't. So she stayed in bed. I asked her if she would be ok if I went to work. Then I put my ear to her mouth and made her repeat her attempt to say "yes" about 6 times until I could finally hear it. Our parents were all out of town today, so she was on her own. I got a text message from her saying Olson (one of our dogs) was barking at the reflection and woke her up. So I called to see how she was doing. She sounded awful! She was tired and her throat hurt. She was moving to another room away from the dogs and going back to sleep. I checked on her throughout the day. When I talked to her at 1:50, I couldn't stand it anymore and went home an hour early. She hadn't felt good all day and didn't make it to school. That's day 40 of this semester that she's missed. She asked me to stop and get her something to eat because she hadn't been up to fixing herself anything. I cried on the way home. She was hungry and ate when I got there, but then her eyes were closing. She took another nap. She's since been up and watching Alvin & The Chipmunks movie with us (cute movie!), and it's bedtime again.

0 comments: